Working with our higher education institutions (HEIs) we offer a number of opportunities for both the HEI and Alacrity, including:
- Recruitment of graduates on to the Alacrity programme.
- Guest talks from the Alacrity Leadership Team and graduate companies
- Coaching individuals and teams from HEIs on the commercialisation of their product or service
- Offering workshops and courses delivered as part of Alacrity’s programme to HEIs
- Engaging with HEI graduate societies in areas such as entrepreneurship
- Working with HEIs on commercialising intellectual property produced by research in the HEI
- Sourcing problems/projects from within a HEI
This list is expansive but not exhaustive and the Foundation welcomes developing new forms of engagement with HEIs to further or common aims.
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Imperial College London
Queen Mary, University of London
Royal Holloway, University of London
University College London
University of South Wales
University of the West of England
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
The Foundation has worked with Cardiff University in offering a week-long project. The aim is to give Cardiff University students the opportunity to experience a taster of what the Alacrity programme is like, what’s involved and hopefully inspire you to consider it as an option when you graduate. Individuals are placed in teams and asked to research a tech idea and present a business case/product plan for this idea. Technical and business instructions are given along with the time required to research and prepare a plan and pitch deck. Throughout the week there is technical and business support, presentations and workshops from some of the Alacrity Foundations pool of experienced mentors. Members of the current and past Alacrity Cohort are available to provide insights and assistance also.